Healthgrades® Clinical Achievements
Our hospital is proud to highlight clinical achievements from Healthgrades®–America’s leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals – in the areas of Cardiac, Gastrointestinal and Critical Care. Community Hospital of Huntington Park strives to provide quality care to the surrounding communities and is proud of these achievements:
- Five-Star Recipient for Gallbladder Removal Surgery for 2 years in a row (2019-2020)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Attack for 2 years in a row (2019- 2020)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Respiratory Failure in 2019
For the 2020 Report to the Nation, Healthgrades evaluated hospital performance at nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide for 32 of the most common inpatient procedures and conditions using Medicare data, and additional analyzed outcomes in appendectomy and bariatric surgery using all-payer data provided by 15 states and found:
From 2016-2018, if all hospitals as a group performed similarly to hospitals receiving 5-stars as a group, on average:
- 220,019 lives could potentially have been saved and 149,403 complications could potentially have been avoided.* A 5-star rating indicates that Community Hospital of Huntington Park’s clinical outcomes are statistically significantly better than expected when treating the condition or performing the procedure being evaluated.
Additionally, from 2016 through 2018, patients treated for Heart Attack in hospitals with 5-stars for in-hospital mortality
have, on average:
- a 48 percent lower risk of dying than if they were treated in hospitals with 1-star for in-house mortality.
* Statistics are based on Healthgrades analysis of MedPAR data for years 2016 through 2018 and represent three-year estimates for Medicare patients only.